– recommended audiences: Home-user to Tech
I would like to have a weekly recap of Malware news on my blog. I think this would be useful to raise awareness a among home-users and maybe help inform a few fellow techs out there. This is my first edition. Feel free to give me your thoughts on this idea.
Some recent news on the Malware front:
- Botnet For Hire: “Internet security has reached another new low: a botnet for hire that will perform a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack against a website of your choosing.”
- 57,000 new Malware sites
- DDoS for the Masses: “Want to fire off a flood of malicious data that knocks your enemy’s site off the face of the Internet?”
- Linux Privilege Escalation: “If you run a 64-bit version of Linux, take note, your system may be vulnerable to attack.”
- XSS attack on Twitter: “…fear of falling prey to a nasty XSS attack that was running rampant yesterday.”
Please also note, that WordPress.com has made it even easier to share blog articles. If you click the permalink for this article you will see sharing options at the bottom of the page. Tell your friends!